VARANASI: Two children died of food poisoning while more than 30 were admitted to a community health centre in Ghazipur district on Sunday night.
The food and civil supply department officials collected samples of food articles while police registered a case against unidentified food vendors in this connection. According to reports, Gudar Shah Ki Mazar is located in Sai Ki Takia area under Khanpur police station limits. The annual 'urs' of the Mazar was observed on Sunday when thousands of people thronged the site to take part in the event. A fair was also organised at the site in which scores of food article vendors had set up their shops.
After consuming food articles like chaat-chhola and others at the shops, the health of dozens of people started deteriorating in the night. On noticing sharp deterioration in the health condition of Ramesh Yadav alias Sonu (13) of Belahari village and Atiq Khan (12) of Baheri village, their family members also rushed them to a local hospital but they died on the way. The condition of over three dozens persons who were also admitted to the same CHC started improving by Monday morning and many of them were discharged too. Read More